Chapter 87 - Official Contract
“Come on, try it.” At my words, he raised his teacup. I felt strange because his form was elegant while doing so. ‘Hm, that’s a little weird.’ Tea was an expensive item that not everyone could easily access. It was such a serious matter that the storage boxes that held the tea leaves were locked. As a simple mercenary, he probably rarely had the chance to drink tea. Nevertheless, he was drinking it so naturally. Seeing that, I couldn’t help but feel suspicious. ‘What if… he’s actually the young master of a noble family who ran away from home?’ I was becoming a little skeptical of his true identity when he put down the cup.
“I don’t know why people drink this,” he coldly said. I almost clicked my tongue in annoyance. In my opinion, the tea was relatively well-brewed, and it was the finest we had, but he was grumbling about it.
‘Right, there’s no way a nobleman wouldn’t understand the taste of tea.’
At that moment, his voice interrupted my thoughts. “Here, take a look.”
While looking through his terms, I frowned. ‘This guy… he really wrote down whatever he wanted.’ Written in his terrible handwriting, the terms were as follows:
- Jubelian will always trust and follow Max’s words.
- When Jubelian goes out, she will disclose information about where she is going to Max. When attending a banquet or a meeting, she is obligated to report to Max.
- During the period of this contract, Jubelian will not meet with another man.
- Jubelian will spend time with Max for at least eight hours a day, four times a week.
I was astounded by the things he wrote down. It looked like something a grumpy, self-centered boss would write. ‘Whenever I ask about him, he’s always telling me that it’s none of my business. However, based on what he’s written here, it seems like he wants to know everything about my private life.’ I lamented for a moment, then opened my mouth to express my opinion. “Hey, do you happen to—”
“Add one more thing: Jubelian should call Max by his name.” I had only learned his name today so there was no way I was already familiar with it. Even so, when I thought of it, I seemed to be calling him by his name every time. I didn’t expect to be criticized for a mistake I made once.
“Then will you—I mean, Max—call me by my name from now on as well?”
He paused, then nodded gently. “Okay.”
I glanced at him then started to write a revised version of his terms. ‘It’s so terrible that I don’t know where to start.’ I scratched out some of his writings and wrote down the revisions on a new piece of paper.
- The employer is obligated to comply with the employee’s requests as much as possible.
- The employer and employee are to respect each other’s privacy.
- In the case of either party’s absence, the employer and employee are obligated to report their locations to each other.
- During the period of this contract, the employer and employee are not allowed to pursue a romantic relationship with another person.
- The employee will watch their words and actions in front of others.
- Locations for dates shall be determined upon agreement, but if possible, they shall be places with a large number of people.
The above terms and conditions specify that the contract may be terminated by mutual consent and may be subject to change depending on the circumstances.
The contract will be completed once Jubelian feels safe from the crown prince.
Employer: Jubelian Eloy Floyen
After finishing the revisions, I pushed the paper towards him. “Here. Read this and tell me if any changes need to be made.”
He snatched the paper from me and squinted his eyes. “What is this?”
“It’s the changes I made to the original. Read it over carefully and tell me if you don’t like—”
“I can’t accept this,” he said as he tore up the contract.
I took a deep breath. ‘Did he just tear up what I wrote?’ If he didn’t like it, he could have just told me. Seeing how he tore it up, I could now tell that he was definitely not a normal person. ‘Yes, now that I think about it, he has always been like that.’ Even when I took care of him for a few days, he left without notice and without answering me. He also seemed to be frequently irritated. No matter how much I advocated a free lifestyle, I at least knew how to respect others. It was called social skills. It was for this reason that I had been considerate to him so he wouldn’t feel uncomfortable around me. However, this man had lacked regard for me from the very beginning until now.
‘We’ll have to see each other more often from now on…’ I had overlooked his rude behavior in the past because I knew we weren’t going to encounter each other very often. But since we were now in a contractual relationship, we were going to meet more frequently. If we were already hitting a rough patch, then the next step was obvious.
* * *
You are required to login first